Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pre-season nears

As we close in on training camp in Rochester, NY it is time to start getting supremely focused on the Buffalo Bills. I believe Buffalo just recently signed their 6th and 7th round picks which shows us...its time to get serious.

Tickets have been purchased, predictions have been made, now it is time for bidness. I was going to go on a rant in this blog about Brett Favre and his stupid ass act but I fear Mr. Still will come running to his defense ala Joanna Krupa, so I'll back off that one for now. Instead I will reveal a few things I think we are in store for this season.

Five things I think (not I think I think like that moron Peter King)
1. TO will not catch the most touchdowns on the team this year. While it would be a great story, TO is ultimately just going to take pressure off Lee and allow him to have a big year. Expect Josh Reed to enjoy a nice season too.

2. Trent will have an average year. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. I think he can manage a game because he has a good head. But does he have the arm to work with the weapons he has, remains to be seen. I look for the offense to open it up a bit, and we will see early what we are in store for.

3. The signing of Dom Rhodes is HUGE. Marshawn is an above average running back. But he and all the other running backs simply do not carry the ball like the dudes back in the day. For this reason I love having the experienced Rhodes in the backfield. I think he could eventually carry the rock 15 times a game because sometimes my belief in Marshawn starts to wane. Oh and don't forget about that Freddy Jackson cat.

4. Hopeful for breakout years from Corner and McKelvin. These two better have big years because Buffalo can't generate a pass rush for their lives and I don't see that getting any better this year. Two words - High Motor.

5. Charlotte is going to be Nuts. GO BILLS!!!

2 comments:

  1. How dare you sully Trent's good name by spreading your slanderous filth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid Mr. McKelvin will get picked on as he is the weak spot in the secondary (Not that McGee is any better. Hopefully, a healthy McGee will return to form).

    Where is the love for the Merton Hanks look-a-like? Ashton "Myboty but" Youboty. I think Mr. Youboty is in trouble of getting cut. So much for all the hype that he was a 1st round prospect who the Bills "stole" in the 3rd round. He like his former college teammate drafted first that year in 2006 have been disappointments. Thats right, I am talking aboot Donte Whitner. He has not played like the #8 pick should play. He talks a good game but has had too many bone headed plays. Fire away boys.

    ReplyDelete