Thursday, July 9, 2009

My first authentic jersey....

A couple of months ago, I received a text message from a buddy of mine. He told me to check out the website: http://www.jersey101.com for the latest Bills jerseys, or ANY sports jerseys for that matter.
The moment I got home I booted up the computer, typed in the URL, and found myself a white Terrell Owens home jersey for the low cost of $39.99. Now, this was an AUTHENTIC jersey, hand-stitched, with the 50 year anniversary patch. Awesome!
2 1/2 weeks later, I get a package in the mail from Hong Kong....I eagerly rip it open and reveal the flawless jersey! "This thing is sweet," I thought to myself.
Fast-forward to Friday of that week. Dress-down day. I excitedly strap on my T.O. jersey and parade around school all morning doing the classic "Teeeeee-Ohhhhhhh" arm gesture in everybody's face. AMAZING!
Lunch time rolls around and I find myself in my buddy's classroom eating lunch. He comments on my jersey and begins to look closely at it:
"Patch is effed up..."
"What?"
"The patch. It's effed up."
"How so?"
"The 50 year anniversary patch features the classic standing red buffalo."
I look at the patch and sure enough, instead of the standing buffalo that we all know and love, there is a bull that resembles what you see on the side of a redbull can.
"Damn."
So, fellow Bills fans, three things:
1) You get what you pay for.
2) Do you still try to wear the jersey and pretend you don't know it's effed up?
3)I've tried to access the site twice since I started this blog and it comes up unavailable
and 4) Go Bills!

Bo Knerr

No comments:

Post a Comment